We only provide insurance documentation for items purchased from our store. The guidelines below may be useful in securing proper insurance appraisals for items obtained elsewhere.
What information should an insurance appraisal contain?
- Current retail prices in the regional market
- Cut, color, clarity and carat weight of diamonds and other gemstones
- Type and number of diamonds and other gemstones used
- Weight of the precious metal used in the mounting
- Type and number of gemstones
- Origin of the materials used
- Craftsmanship of the piece
- Manufacturer’s marks including brand name, serial numbers, and model numbers for pieces like watches